- Martial Arts
- Kids Martial Arts Classes
Call us: 07 3177 4512
You’ve heard it said before that exercise does wonders for the health and mind as well. Besides giving your heart a good workout, working out regularly keeps energy levels at a high and keeps you young from within. Although the many benefits of martial arts on the whole have been known to the Eastern World for centuries, the Western world began to study its psychological benefits only recently. Bruce Lee believed that the main benefits of learning a martial art included self-defence, cultivating the mind and promoting one’s health. On the other hand, many scientists who have studied the psychological benefits of martial arts training believe that it may have to do with the strong system of moral values that every martial art pays tribute to. Children seem to be the ones who benefit the most out of such training and the lessons learnt in childhood stay with them for life. Here are a few benefits that both children and adults will experience with martial arts training:
Call us to find out more, or fill in the contact form.
1) Studies have proven that martial arts help to reduce aggression in children. Students of taekwondo have been found to be of a calmer and more controlled and be less impulsive while dealing with others. Adults too will find that they are slow to become angry and that they have better control of their emotions at all times.
2) Martial arts helps build up self-confidence. Whether it is tackling the school bully, helping someone in need or even giving a speech in front of a huge audience, martial arts helps you become mentally prepared for anything. Students are also better equipped to perform exceedingly well under pressure and to stay calm no matter what they face.
3) Martial arts also give one a feeling of inner security.
4) Martial arts teach students about the importance of helping others as well as the importance of contributing to society. The focus is not merely on improving oneself but extends to how one can make an improvement for the betterment of others too.
5) Martial arts help improve one’s concentration abilities.
6) Martial arts training have been proven to help combat stress and anxiety.
7) Martial arts also teach about the importance of being humble.
Every week, hundreds of BTC students from ages 5 to 70 experience these fantastic benefits for themselves. Isn’t it time you did too?